February 27

Baptiste Is the New Meaning of OP

Hey everyone! Recently, the Overwatch God, Jeff Kaplan, has released a new hero on the PTR (Public Testing Room), Baptiste.  Let me tell you, Baptiste is OP.  Forget Moira, Baptiste is the new definition of OVER POWERED.  Let me start off with a little intro to Baptiste.

I can’t really tell you much background about him yet, so yeah…I can just tell you about his abilities :).  First thing! His weapon! His weapon is a Biotic Launcher.  It can shoot like a regular gun, or it can shoot “healing grenades” that heal teammates on impact.

BA BA BUM BA BUM BUM! ABILITIES 😀

REGENERATIVE BURST – Pretty simple ability 🙂 It regenerates the health of nearby allies for a short amount of time.

IMMORTALITY FIELD – He uses a device to create a field that prevents allies from dying.  No matter how much damage they take, they will stay at 40 health.  One downside is that the shield can be destroyed.  Actually, that isn’t a downside.

EXO BOOSTS – This isn’t really an ability.  It is more of a passive.  When you crouch then jump, you will get a boost that launches you up in the air.

AMPLIFICATION MATRIX – This is Baptiste’s ultimate.  He creates a giant rectangle in the air.  Whenever an ally shoots through it, it doubles their attack on enemies, and it adds healing effects of friendly projectiles that go through it.  Basically, one Tracer clip (ammo load) is enough to eliminate a Roadhog. Pretty OP if you ask me 🙂

This video is his origin story.  Each Overwatch character has a backstory, so Blizzard makes a small video out of it.  If you would like to see more videos and facts about Baptiste, click here!  Jeff has blessed us with 30 heroes yAy!  Can’t wait for another DPS to come out 🙂 We need more tanks, Jeff…Please.

Also, I highly recommend you play Overwatch if you have Xbox Live!  Overwatch is such an unique game, and it deserves a lot of credit.  Beware of toxic gamers though 🙂

That is pretty much all I have for this post! It was pretty short, but there isn’t much information on him since he came out very recently.  Thank you for reading! The next post will probably be another Spoopy Site! See you there!

Posted February 27, 2019 by hmsraya in category Weekly Posts