February 14

My Best Work! – Language Arts

Hey everyone! Today I will be talking about my best work in language arts.  My best work is my Alacatraz story.  I feel proud of this work because I put a lot of effort into it.  I think it came out really well. I hope you enjoy reading it. (It is in the perspective of Frank Morris) Enjoy~

It was an eerie day. I will never forget the gleaming light of the watchtowers as I entered the most feared prison in the world, Alcatraz.  When I entered the prison, i saw many others around.  I was led into a dimly lit cell.  The iron bars trapping me inside.  All I could do was sit on the bed and wait.  The air was filled with silence.  It was then shattered with constant ringing of a bell that signified that it was time for dinner.  I casually walked out of my cell.  I gazed around looking for anything that would help me escape.  Suddenly, these two men approached me.  I recognized them because they were on the same boat that took me here. I sat with them for dinner.  We had a lot of small talks.  The bell rang again, and everyone stood up to go back to their cells. I laid down on my bed, closed my eyes, and fell asleep.  I was woken by the loud bells again.  I stood up to go get breakfast. I met the Anglin brothers again, but this time, we sat in a corner.  We silently discussed an escape plan.  Another man slowly sat by us and said that he wanted to join.  He agreed and continued to talk.  Months flew by as we prepared.  Finally, we were ready. We left a dummy on our bed and wiggled out through a hole in the wall.  I saw the Anglin brothers, but the other man wasn’t there.  We decided that we had to go on without him.  We reached the roof.  The salty smell of the sea filled my lungs. We stared forward.  The only thing between us and freedom  is a 12-foot fence and the harsh waters.  We were able to climb the fence and get the boat in the water,  We swiftly paddled away and looked back cheering. WE HAD MADE IT.

I hope you enjoyed this short story! Goodbye for now!

Posted February 14, 2018 by hmsraya in category 🌟Best Work🌟