February 15

My Best Work – Math!

Hey everyone! I am BACK with ANOTHER best work post.  This time it is for MATH! I will be talking about a math magazine we designed.  I hope you enjoy!1!1 (I will be pasting the articles I wrote here)

First Article – Where Animation Began

Studio Ghibli is a Japanese animation film studio in Tokyo, Japan. It produces films that fill the TV with incredible animations. It was founded on June 15, 1985 after producing “Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind,” in 1984. Studio Ghibli has continued to produce a various amount of movies. After Nausicaä, their next film was “Castle in the Sky,” which was released on August 2, 1986. It has won over 11 awards and was one of the best films of 1986. It had very stunning animations that astounded many people across the world. One of the next films was “My Neighbor Totoro.” It was released on April 16, 1988. This film had also won many awards. This film was directed by Hayao Miyazaki and produced by Studio Ghibli. This film won an award for best film in 1988. It has also won the Animage Anime Grand Prix prize. “My Neighbor Totoro,” has been in the top 100 movies in many countries. Some of the movies following “Castle in the Sky,” and “My Neighbor Totoro,” were “Kiki’s Delivery Service,” “Porco Rosso,” “Whisper of the Heart,” “Princess Mononoke,” and many more. The first movie made in the 2000s was “Spirited Away.” It was released on July 20, 2001. It became the most successful Japanese film in history making over $289 million all around the world. This film took over Titanic in the Japanese box office. “Spirited Away,” is ranked among one of the greatest Japanese films of all time. The most current Studio Ghibli movie is “When Marnie Was There.” It was released on July 19, 2014. This film was not directed by Hayaoi Miyazaki. It was directed by Makiko Futaki who unfortunately died in May of 2016. This film was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Anime Feature. This film was directed by the same person who directed “Arriety.” Both of these films were great films by Makiko Futaki. Studio Ghibli still continues to advance and produce quality films. Studio Ghibli has been a company for 33 years. Their animations keep on improving with new people with new talents joining the company. They are currently working on a movie called “Mary and the Witch’s Flower.” Are you ready for it?

Second Article – VIXX

VIXX is a K-Pop boy band. It is made up of six members. Their stage names are N, Leo, Ken, Ravi, Hongbin, and Hyuk. Their real names are Cha Hakeyon, Jung Taekwoon, Lee Jaehwan, Kim Wonshik, Lee Hongbin, and Han Sanghyuk. They officially debuted in 2012 with the song Super Hero. They have won 26 awards and have been nominated about 100 times. Their most popular song, currently, is Error. It has won six awards. They are still currently making songs to impress many people around the world. Are you ready for a comeback?

I really enjoyed making this magazine because you could make the articles be about anything you want.  It was very fun to talk about my interests.  Even though it took me a while to write the articles, it was a very fun project that I wouldn’t mind doing again.  I will see you in the next post!

Posted February 15, 2018 by hmsraya in category 🌟Best Work🌟